openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 10:36:59 GMT
Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> i make a suggestion, why should the system allow me to accept or reject thay suggesting
if i am logged in as user skyray1...?

Pootle is designed for teams working together. Things that do not make a
lot of sense when you are the only translator will make sense if you
think about how a team should work.

For example, if I want to do some translation fixes I will mark them as
suggestions to give another team member the possibility to review and
approve them (even if I could approve them myself). When we both agree
the suggestions are good, then one of the two (he or me) accepts the
suggestions. So the interface is just right in this context.

Regards,
   Andrea.