openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ENCOUNTERED A UNWORKING BUTTON - IMPORTANT
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 23:52:34 GMT
Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> I have no issue with Google translate and would actually like this shortcut button to
function.

The Pootle documentation
http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/stable-2.7.2/features/machine_translation.html
states this is a paid service, with fees listed at
https://cloud.google.com/translate/pricing

The fact that it is a paid service complicates things a lot. Not much
for the amount (it's 20$ per million characters; still, it would be a
large amount if you consider all strings and all languages), but for the
paperwork needed for the ASF to an expenditure "per use" of this kind.

I mean: for a free service we would only have the technical issue, for a
paid service this becomes very complex to handle.

Regards,
   Andrea.