openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
Subject Re: Refresh Pootle for Translation 4.2
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2018 18:04:24 GMT
As far as my memory serves me, no additions to Pootle were made after
3.3 or 3.4.
Pootle came to a halt in probably the year or the year after it went to
Apache.

Therefore there will be differences.

Having the old translations in Pootle would require an upgrading of the
templates in Pootle, used for the translations, with preservation of the
translated strings.
I've done no work on the translations for AOO since Pootle came to a
halt (except for some small changes)

In the past, someone with admin rights for Pootle, put the genereated
pot-files on Pootle, updated all languages and then we could go translating.

As far as I can see in the documentation for Pootle, that has not changed.
It therefore should be possible to upgrade from the newly generated SDF,
through generated POT-files with preservation of the old strings.

Don't know if there is anyone available from the "old days" with
knowledge of Pootle.

I mainly worked with translated PO-files ( checking with GSIcheck and
repairing errors and then putting the corrected PO-files back)
Don't know how Pootle is set up.

DiGro