openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conversation Scope in non-JSF environment...
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:33:20 GMT
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM, James Carman
<jcarman@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi James!
>>>
>>> The conversation handling for JSF works with the servlet Filter WebBeansJSFFilter.
This contains a few JSF specific hooks and retrieves information from the FacesContext. So
this filter cannot be used in Wicket applications.

>> why a filter? Couldn't do an  extra FacesContextFactory do the trick?
>> See here -> http://tinyurl.com/deu24m
>
> How does something with the name "Faces" in it make this a non-JSF
> environment? :)  Whatever we do, the faceyness (for the record, I just
> coined that phrase) should be completely removed.

<snip>
The conversation handling for JSF works with the servlet Filter
WebBeansJSFFilter
</snip>

I asked, why a filter (for JSF). Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread :D

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf