openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <jcar...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Conversation Scope in non-JSF environment...
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:01:28 GMT
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi James!
>>
>> The conversation handling for JSF works with the servlet Filter WebBeansJSFFilter.
This contains a few JSF specific hooks and retrieves information from the FacesContext. So
this filter cannot be used in Wicket applications.

> why a filter? Couldn't do an  extra FacesContextFactory do the trick?
> See here -> http://tinyurl.com/deu24m

How does something with the name "Faces" in it make this a non-JSF
environment? :)  Whatever we do, the faceyness (for the record, I just
coined that phrase) should be completely removed.