openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: EJB Classes Required in non-EJB environment...
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:17:14 GMT

Hi James!

I really appreciate your comments!
I thought about this when I wrote it and I think it is kind of a chicken-egg problem:
How should the registration get started?
Who injects the plugins, etc

At the end, this was the least intrusive and most easiest way to write it. I also had the
gut feeling that it's possibly better to actively pull in plugins than to open API's which
may be abused from outside or even crashes the framework if not handled carefully.
But maybe this is just a feeling. The ServiceLoader is a pretty standard way at least.

LieGrue,
strub