openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject AW: Starting long running conversations
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:31:33 GMT
Hi Sven!

JSR-299 doesn't define any such UI mechanisms like SEAM or Springs @Controllers.
But it would be pretty easy to implement those, e.g. in the guess sample.
It should imho not be part of the core though.

As a small tip: We already have an OWB-internal SPI for conversation handling and James and
I managed to implement conversations for Wicket UIs. The basic question is where to store
something like the CDI of the FacesContext in the renderes html.

LieGrue,
strub

I would like to know, if someone has dealt with the problem of starting a long running conversation
during a nonfaces (GET) request before.

>My current (not working) solution is, using a conversation scoped controller bean in the
view, which get's instantiated during the render response phase and which set the conversation'S
transient state in it's @PostConstruct method. Unfortunately OWB (have not tested weld yet)
does it's "conversation.isTransient()" check before that phase, so the conversation's ID won't
get populated to the view's attributes (org.apache.webbeans.jsf.WebBeansPhaseListener:170)
and thus is not available on the next post back, resulting in a new conversation being started.

>From my experience with Seam I remember they used some kind of external xml configuration
that maps URLs to action (like the traditional url controller frameworks like struts). I would
not like to use a similar mechanism in my application, because I do not like xml files after
all ;) so here is my question: