openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Sven Linstaedt <sven.linsta...@googlemail.com>
Subject Starting long running conversations
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:04:45 GMT
Hi,

because I am just fiddling around with long running (aka non transient)
conversations, I would like to know, if someone has dealt with the problem
of starting a long running conversation during a nonfaces (GET) request
before.

My current (not working) solution is, using a conversation scoped controller
bean in the view, which get's instantiated during the render response phase
and which set the conversation'S transient state in it's @PostConstruct
method. Unfortunately OWB (have not tested weld yet) does it's
"conversation.isTransient()" check before that phase, so the conversation's
ID won't get populated to the view's attributes
(org.apache.webbeans.jsf.WebBeansPhaseListener:170) and thus is not
available on the next post back, resulting in a new conversation being
started.

>From my experience with Seam I remember they used some kind of external xml
configuration that maps URLs to action (like the traditional url controller
frameworks like struts). I would not like to use a similar mechanism in my
application, because I do not like xml files after all ;) so here is my
question:

What do you think is the best way to start a long running conversation from
a GET request?

br, Sven