openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Sven Linstaedt <sven.linsta...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Starting long running conversations
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:30:52 GMT
Hi Mark,

I agree with you that this should not be part of the spec. I took a brief
look at the number guess example. In this application the conversation is
started during a postback action event. This implies the "calling" page
knows about the fact, the upcoming page needs an long running conversation,
which is not the behavior I am looking for.

Anyhow I have not understand your last sentence at all. I believe instead of
CDI (context and dependency injection?) you mean CID, which is managed by
OWB.

My current plan is writing a FaceletHandler, which is used in the view's
metadata block to annotate this view for requiring a long runnung
conversation. For this task I have to lookup the current conversation
(likely) from the BeanManager, which in turn needs to be looked up too. Do
you know if there is any way to lookup the BeanManager from outside of CDI
other than trough JNDI's java:comp/BeanManager?

br, Sven