openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: unit test support?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:13:08 GMT
Hi!

We have a webbeans-test project [1] and also provide a default container SPI impl for OpenWebBeans.
You could easily write a plugin for Weld too btw.

You could also use Arquillian with OWB of course.

The main difference is that our webbeans-test is a tiny standalone container with dummy lifecycles
(you can e.g. start and stop the RequestScope in your unit test via code) whereas Arquillian
is a full EE integration container. More powerful but also way more heavyweight!

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/trunk/webbeans-test/

--- On Mon, 11/15/10, Joseph Bergmark <bergmark@apache.org> wrote:

From: Joseph Bergmark <bergmark@apache.org>
Subject: Re: unit test support?
To: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Date: Monday, November 15, 2010, 3:59 PM

Gurkan or Mark could probably better answer your questions, but I'll give a quick shot.
As far as an alternative CDI implementation, OpenWebBeans should certainly work in TomCat
and there are some instructions in the README that may be of help.  I'm not sure how integrated
weld is into glassfish and if it would be feasible to run OpenWebBeans inside of your application
in that environment.

As far as unit testing, that should be possible.  OpenWebBeans has its own UnitTests that
are basically a standalone container that is fed a list of classes for beans.  Take a look
at the tests folder, specifically at the tests in the newtests package inside webbeans-impl.
 I don't believe we currently provide a library that makes this easy to consume however.

Sincerely,
Joe