openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Bergmark <bergm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unit test support?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:59:14 GMT
Gurkan or Mark could probably better answer your questions, but I'll give a
quick shot.

As far as an alternative CDI implementation, OpenWebBeans should certainly
work in TomCat and there are some instructions in the README that may be of
help.  I'm not sure how integrated weld is into glassfish and if it would be
feasible to run OpenWebBeans inside of your application in that environment.

As far as unit testing, that should be possible.  OpenWebBeans has its own
UnitTests that are basically a standalone container that is fed a list of
classes for beans.  Take a look at the tests folder, specifically at the
tests in the newtests package inside webbeans-impl.  I don't believe we
currently provide a library that makes this easy to consume however.

Sincerely,

Joe