openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mike Olson <mol...@the-olsons.net>
Subject OWN 1.7 ignores Alternative when using the provider interface
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 04:18:48 GMT

Hello,

   I have a very simple setup where I have classes Foo1 and Foo2 that
implement the Foo interface

public interface Foo {
}
public class Foo1 implements Foo {

}
@Alternative
public class Foo2 implements Foo {

}

Then a class that gets 2 Foos injected

public class Main {

     @Inject
     Foo fooA;

     @Inject
     Provider<Foo> fooB;

     @PostConstruct
     public void init() {
         System.err.println("FooA:" + fooA);
         System.err.println("FooB:" + fooB.get());
     }
}

If my beans.xml file is empty, then I get 2 instances of Foo1 injected
into the class, as expected.

However, if I add

     <alternatives>
         <class>Foo2</class>
     </alternatives>

to my beans.xml, then I get an error when I run the application.

"""
INFO: All injection points were validated successfully.
Dec 26, 2012 9:11:29 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle
startApplication
INFO: OpenWebBeans Container has started, it took [359] ms.
FooA:Foo2@152c4d9
Dec 26, 2012 9:11:29 PM
org.apache.webbeans.component.AbstractInjectionTargetBean
postConstructDefault
SEVERE: An error occurred while executing [@PostConstruct.]
javax.enterprise.inject.AmbiguousResolutionException: There is more than
one api type with : Foo with qualifiers : Qualifiers:
[@javax.enterprise.inject.Default()]
found beans:
Foo1, Name:null, WebBeans Type:MANAGED, API
Types:[Foo,Foo1,java.lang.Object],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.enterprise.inject.Default]
Foo2, Name:null, WebBeans Type:MANAGED, API
Types:[Foo,java.lang.Object,Foo2],
Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.enterprise.inject.Default]
     at
org.apache.webbeans.util.InjectionExceptionUtils.throwAmbiguousResolutionExceptionForBeans(InjectionExceptionUtils.java:121)
     at
org.apache.webbeans.util.InjectionExceptionUtils.throwAmbiguousResolutionException(InjectionExceptionUtils.java:111)
     at
org.apache.webbeans.container.ResolutionUtil.checkResolvedBeans(ResolutionUtil.java:80)
     at
org.apache.webbeans.inject.instance.InstanceImpl.get(InstanceImpl.java:110)
     at Main.init(Main.java:23)
"""

This exception happens when I call Provider.get().  I assumed that the
Provider interface would respect the Alternative Qualifiers, but that
does not seem to be the case.

Is this a bug in what I am doing, or a bug in OWB?

Thanks
Mike

--
Mike Olson