openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @SessionScoped and @ConversionScoped
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:23:25 GMT
Hi

@Mark

We got some answers back from IBM regarding OWB and configuration of
WebSphere 8.5.5.1.... here are some of the key points of their answer

- WebSphere CDI implementation is based on OpenWebBeans (which we already
knew)
- WebSphere sets both of the following properties to true by default:
  org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportfailover=true
    org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportpassivation=true
    They suggest not changing that unless there are a good reason to do
so...
- The CDI implementation registers a HttpSessionActivationListener. On a
call to sessionWillPassivate it stores the failoverbag (the session and
conversation contexts) as an attribute in the session (if
org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportpassivation=true)
- The CDI implementation registers a ServletRequestListener. On a call to
requestDestroyed it stores the failoverbag as an attribute into the session
(if org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportfailover=true)

In summary it should work out of the box with no additional configuration.

Regards
Fredrik

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm putting together a mail to our technical contact at IBM about this.
> Does OWB have some pages describing its implementation of the SPI for fail
> over?
>
> Regards
>  Lars-Fredrik
>

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Joseph Bergmark <bergmark@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> It sounds like the Websphere  documentation in this area isn't sufficient
>> to answer your questions.  It might be appropriate to open a PMR to get
>> these details explained and perhaps added to the info center.
>>  On Nov 28, 2013 6:20 AM, "Lars-Fredrik Smedberg" <itsmeden@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mark
>>>
>>> Can you see if IBM did implement their own FailOverService or if they
>>> use the DefaultOwbFailOverService? If they implemented their own is the
>>> settings for failover and passivation (in openwebbeans.properties) still
>>> valid? Do you know any of their implementation detail?
>>>
>>> Regads
>>> Lars-Fredrik

If not