openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reinject of transient dependencies? + Question on @ConversationScoped
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 22:29:46 GMT
Hi Mark

I was just wondering since some CDI examples (especially those that inject
a Logger that is not proxyable) suggest injecting it to a transient field
in a passivation scope bean.... I guess those examples are not right then?
Hi!

Nope, we do not re-inject anything.
The parts which do not get serialized are lost.

You could of course handle serialisation yourself and fill the injection
point with BeanManager#getReference manually. But what for?

LieGrue,
strub

@ConversationScoped

>Hi!
>

>Some questions if anyone can help me out:
>

>1. In the case of passivation and activation will OWB reinject transient
dependencies or how are they treated?
>2. Is there any (easy) way to use @ConversationScoped in a none
JSF-environment or should I use something else (or perhaps create a custom
scope)?