openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <john.d.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Support of Instance<> in OWB
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:11:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'm cross-posting this from dev@deltaspike to see if anyone has any
additional thoughts.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Subject: Support of Instance<> in OWB
To: dev@deltaspike.apache.org

Hi all

I added a new test, FileResourceTest.  It fails in OWB, but passes in
Weld.  AFAIK it's supposed to pass in both.

The one catch I noticed, since it has a similar test
ClasspathResourceTest, is that I'm using Instances/literals vs
annotations.  I need to use Instance since the actual file name is
dynamic at runtime.  In the test right now, I have this:

    @Inject
    @Any
    private Instance<InputStream> inputStreamInst;

    @Inject
    @Any
    private Instance<Properties> propsInst;

and when I switch to this:

    @Inject
    @ExternalResource(storage =
FileSystemStorage.class,location="/tmp/myconfig.properties")
    private InputStream inputStream;

    @Inject
    @ExternalResource(storage =
FileSystemStorage.class,location="/tmp/myconfig.properties")
    private Properties props;

The test works fine (assuming I create the file).  I don't typically
play with OWB that much, but this should be the right format for
Instances, right?  Feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,

John