openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Regarding OWB-714
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 12:05:05 GMT
Fredrik!

First, a warm welcome to this list!

We happen to have quite a few WebSphere core developers listen to this list.
I suggest you do open a PMR for this issue on the WebSphere side and create a small application
which shows the issue.
You can start with the project I did on github [1].

This way the WebSphere folks can pretty quickly figure out what they need to port back to
resolve this issue. Please note that the OWB version of WebSphere is not a pure OWB release,
but always also conains back-ports of important fixes.
Of course we would also be really happy if you would submit a patch with a unit test for OpenWebBeans
itself ;)

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://github.com/struberg/was_bugs

PS: All the issues I showed there have been resolved pretty quickly and
should be officially fixed in 8.0.0.7 or so. I did not yet retest them
in 8.5.5.1, but assume they are fixed there as well.

On Saturday, 25 January 2014, 18:07, Arne Limburg <arne.limburg@openknowledge.de> wrote:

Hi Lars-Fredrik,

>So you have good chances that at least your first exception is gone with OWB 1.2.x
>About the second one (ClassCastException): I am not aware that we fixed an issue like
that. Anyway, we did so much refactoring work in that area between 1.1.x and 1.2.x that it
is worse a try.

>Regards,
>Arne
>

>Von: Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com>
>Antworten an: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>Datum: Freitag, 24. Januar 2014 17:51
>An: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>Betreff: Re: Regarding OWB-714
>

>Hi
>We are using Websphere 8.5.5.1 which i believe use OWB 1.1.6
>Regards
>LF
>On Jan 24, 2014 5:38 PM, "Arne Limburg" <arne.limburg@openknowledge.de> wrote:
>
>Hi Lars-Fredrik Smedberg,
>>

>>At least your issue is in that area. So it may be fixed with that issue. Which version
of OWB are you using?

>>Regards,
>>Arne
>>

>>Von: Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com>
>>Antworten an: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>>Datum: Freitag, 24. Januar 2014 15:51
>>An: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>>Betreff: Regarding OWB-714
>>

>>Hi
>>

>>We tried to inject a dependent object instance that had InjectionPoint as a parameter
and got an java.util.EmptyStackException. When looking at the OWB release notes I found the
following:
>>[OWB-714] - EmptyStackException when accessing an instance that is created by a producer
method that has an InjectionPoint as parameter.