openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Regarding OWB-714
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:40:47 GMT
Do you have some public repo? Would be interested to see whether this issue is fixed in OWB
upstream or not.

LieGrue,
strub

On Monday, 27 January 2014, 12:15, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark

>Thanks for your reply...
>

>I've put together a sample application that highlights the errors we have seen. We will
contact IBM and open a PMR for these issues.

>Regards
>Fredrik
>

>On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>Fredrik!
>>
>>First, a warm welcome to this list!
>>
>>We happen to have quite a few WebSphere core developers listen to this list.
>>I suggest you do open a PMR for this issue on the WebSphere side and create a small
application which shows the issue.
>>You can start with the project I did on github [1].
>>
>>This way the WebSphere folks can pretty quickly figure out what they need to port
back to resolve this issue. Please note that the OWB version of WebSphere is not a pure OWB
release, but always also conains back-ports of important fixes.
>>Of course we would also be really happy if you would submit a patch with a unit test
for OpenWebBeans itself ;)

>>txs and LieGrue,
>>strub
>>
>>[1] https://github.com/struberg/was_bugs
>>
>>PS: All the issues I showed there have been resolved pretty quickly and
should be officially fixed in 8.0.0.7 or so. I did not yet retest them
in 8.5.5.1, but assume they are fixed there as well.

>>On Saturday, 25 January 2014, 18:07, Arne Limburg <arne.limburg@openknowledge.de>
wrote:

>>Hi Lars-Fredrik,
>>>

>>>So you have good chances that at least your first exception is gone with OWB 1.2.x
>>>About the second one (ClassCastException): I am not aware that we fixed an issue
like that. Anyway, we did so much refactoring work in that area between 1.1.x and 1.2.x that
it is worse a try.

>>>Regards,
>>>Arne
>>>

>>>Von: Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com>
>>>Antworten an: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>>>Datum: Freitag, 24. Januar 2014 17:51
>>>An: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>>>Betreff: Re: Regarding OWB-714
>>>

>>>Hi
>>>We are using Websphere 8.5.5.1 which i believe use OWB 1.1.6
>>>Regards
>>>LF
>>>On Jan 24, 2014 5:38 PM, "Arne Limburg" <arne.limburg@openknowledge.de>
wrote:

>>>Hi Lars-Fredrik Smedberg,

a parameter and got an java.util.EmptyStackException. When looking at the OWB release notes
I found the following:
by a producer method that has an InjectionPoint as parameter.

cannot be cast to java.lang.String