openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Question on @ApplicationScoped beans
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:33:20 GMT
simply via a CDI event probably?

LieGrue,
strub

On Friday, 11 April 2014, 15:30, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark

>Thanks for the answer. Its a shared WAS environment so we will see what happens when we
do a "hard" restart of all EARs in that WAS.

>If I have CDI extension that needs to communicate to the application all classes with
a certain annotation, how would you suggest to do that
>without doing it the way I do it now, that is initialize a bean in a CDI extension in
AfterDeploymentValidation?

>Regards
>Lars-Fredrik
>

>On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>Nope, this MUST NOT happen.
>>
>>Otoh it's also not supported to initialize any bean in AfterDeploymentValidation,
as only _after_ that event all the contexts will get started.

>>It's by incident that the ApplicationContext is already started before in OWB - but
there is nothing in the spec which guarantees this!

a method that @Observes AfterDeploymentValidation) .
in a method @Observes ProcessAnnotatedType) on the
>>>@ApplicationScoped bean which internally sets a flag. This flag is checked by
all business methods on the bean (a flag that marks the
>>>bean as initialized).
>>>

>>>There are no other method that explicitly sets the flag to false, the only time
the flag is false is when the bean has been created the first

flag is false which indicates that the @ApplicationScoped