openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From "PÉNET LUDOVIC" <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Re: OwbSecurityFilter does not support async
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 19:43:39 GMT

Mark Struberg a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Well, I’m not quite sure why we have this active by default at all.
> It’s defined by the spec, but most people don’t inject the Principals.
> So it’s unused overhead most of the times…
Well, you are quite right.

As Tomcat is not a JEE container, it could be optionnal... I have mixed
feelings on this as, like you, I do not inject Principal quite often.

IMHO, documenting how to desactivate it could be enough.

If I get it right, I just have to add openwebbeans-tomcat7.jar to

tomcat.util.scan. DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip

in catalina.properties + provide explicit configuration in the container
web.xml, in my case to only filter files matching the *.xhtml pattern.

You could also support a configuration option allowing to specify a custom
pattern... But I guess it would be no less "complex" than what I just
described, to.

Thanks.