openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Ventura Carro <useyour.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weld to OWB migration
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 01:33:06 GMT
Wow! How many answers!!! Thanks to all :)

> you can but not using owb-tomcat integration, just openwebbeans-web (+ its
> dependencies) should work.

I'll try again without owb-tomcat7 ;)

> OWB is known to not work deterministicly with seam cause seam was relying
> on Weld implementation (ie was not respecting the spec).

If you want to migrate (and not just try) you will probably need to go to
> deltaspike as well.

Yes, I planed to drop Seam,... in the future :P I think that this comes
before then.

> If you do not properly use openwebbeans-tomcat7, by putting it in
> tomcat/lib, you will not have OwbSecurityFilter
> (org.apache.webbeans.web.tomcat7.TomcatSecurityFilter) and so you will not
> have protection against session fixation (see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_fixation ).
>
> You can get this kind of protection by other means, but you should IMHO
> pay attention to this point.

> Hi ludovic!
>
> This is not needed anymore with OWB-1.6 where we store the stuff natively
> in the session.

Is what I was thinking after reading ludovic's answer ^^'

> Lucas, the main question is whether you use injection in servlets, servlet
> filters or servlet listeners. If you don’t have that then all you need to
> do is to add a few owb libs and add WebBeansConfigurationListener to your
> web.xml.
> Do you have something to share on github? Otherwise just continue to ask
> and we will guide you through.

Well, is one of the uses ^^'
It's a multi-technology webapp using Servlet / Filter injection, JSF and
JAX-RS endpoints.
So,... Romain's answer's is overlapped by this, right?
No, it is not open-source. I could do some "samples" to show you some uses.

> Also
>
> For a maven user this doc[1] is ok afaik. It explains what to add and the
> download page lists all maven deps.
>
> [1] http://openwebbeans.apache.org/owbsetup_ee.html

Yeah, I saw, but nothing about "isolated" webapp deploy ^^'

Thanks again!!
--
Lucas