openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Karl Kildén <karl.kil...@gmail.com>
Subject Nullpointer in WebContextsService
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 12:31:41 GMT
Hey guys!

I upgraded to TomEE 7-M1 and I have a problem with checking for active
contexts. Now this behavior:

        ServletRequestContext requestContext = getRequestContext(true);
        if (requestContext == null)
        {
            logger.log(Level.WARNING, "Could NOT lazily initialize session
context because NO active request context");
        }

Only logs it and goes ahead and breaks on NPE on line 815 but before it
simply never executed any code if requestContext was null.

This is the code in my application that actually uses Deltaspike now for
checking:

private boolean isActive(Class<? extends Annotation> scope) {
return ContextUtils.isContextActive(scope);
}

Full stacktrace

            at
org.apache.webbeans.web.context.WebContextsService.lazyStartSessionContext(
*WebContextsService.java:815*)

            at
org.apache.webbeans.web.context.WebContextsService.getSessionContext(
*WebContextsService.java:739*)

            at
org.apache.webbeans.web.context.WebContextsService.getCurrentContext(
*WebContextsService.java:277*)

            at org.apache.webbeans.container.BeanManagerImpl.getContext(
*BeanManagerImpl.java:287*)

            at
org.apache.webbeans.container.InjectableBeanManager.getContext(
*InjectableBeanManager.java:129*)

            at org.apache.deltaspike.core.util.ContextUtils.isContextActive(
*ContextUtils.java:60*)

            at org.apache.deltaspike.core.util.ContextUtils.isContextActive(
*ContextUtils.java:46*)

            at com.company.ContextLookup.isActive(*ContextLookup.java:23*)

My actual use case is that I tag all my entities if I can find out who
changed it but in this case it was a background thread.

Am I missing something or should I track it in JIRA?

cheers