perl-asp mailing list archives

From Philip Mak <p...@aaanime.net>
Subject RE: Object Oriented Databases with MySQL
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:19:53 GMT
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Sterin, Ilya wrote:

> > One of the early problems I'm running into with this style of programming
> > is that the flexibility of the MySQL queries is somewhat limited.
>
> You have to define what you mean by limited.  No foreign constraints?  They
> are now availble with the new mysql release, but you must use BSD tables.
> See www.mysql.com.  What else is limiting?

No, the limitation is not due to MySQL, but it is due to the fact that in
this programming technique, there is to be no MySQL statements in the main
code of the website. All MySQL access is to be done through the object
oriented interface ("use Fanfic;" in my example).

Thus, any queries that the website needs must be provided for from the
object oriented interface.

-Philip Mak (pmak@aaanime.net)