perl-asp mailing list archives

From Carl Lipo <c...@internap.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP Error: "need id for includes"
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:00:51 GMT

Ah! The version of ASP is 2.11 -- and the error cropped up beginning with the
installation of the new version.  We will definitely try the DynamicIncludes
flag. Thanks.

Carl replied to Joshua Chamas on 06/13/01:

> Carl Lipo wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone encountered the error message list below "need id for includes"?
> > What does it mean?
> >

> This might be a bug that has been recently introduced as of perl 2.11 ?
> What version do you have installed? It would be triggered possibly by
> old style inline includes.
>
> If you set "PerlSetVar DynamicIncludes 1", you shouldn't get this error,
> but this changes the way things are compiled radically, my making
> <!--#include file=... --> behave as <% $Response->Include() %>
> which compiles includes as perl subroutines, so the my() scope
> is different.
>
> I'll work on a fix for this shortly.
>
> --Josh

Carl Lipo                               	EMAIL: carl@internap.com
IT Systems Architect				PAGER: 206.570.2086
Internap Network Services               	OFFICE: 206.504.5442
601 Union Street, Suite 1000                	FAX: 206.654.5684
Seattle, WA  98101                          	CELL: 206.579.0163

Unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution of information within
this message is prohibited.