perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache::ASP v2.25
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:25:13 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:

> > Special to this release is a new dbm based output caching layer API
> > via a $Response->Include() API extension.  This can be handy for
> > optimizing out mostly static, costly components from having
> > to be recomputed every time.  For more info on this check out:
> >
> >   http://www.apache-asp.org/objects.html#%24Response-%3EI3a1a8b77
>
> Nice feature!  Of course, now I have to update the templating guide...  (For
> AxKit and HTML::Template as well.)

You are too nice. :)  Any updates will be appreciated.

> I found the table in the CacheDB documentation confusing.  It looks like
> you're comparing 3200 byte fetches multiple times.  Is that a typo, or am I
> misreading it?

Right, that table at http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html#CacheDB
didn't turn out too well.  There were two tables, one for FETCHES
and one for STORES.  In each MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File was compared
with DB_File.  Because the cache layer uses MLDBM::Sync, its
has similar performance metrics that you can find from
that module's ./bench/bench_sync.pl script.

--Josh