perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: New To Apache ASP
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:03:16 GMT
Promotion 123 Administration wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
> I have just got a web site where I can use apache ASP.  I am familiar with
> ASP with VBScript, but want to learn apache.  Are there any web sites that
> will help me learn apache????

The big difference with Apache::ASP is its all perl scripting,
and no $Server->CreateObject COM objects ( on unix anyway ).
So you have got to know perl!  And mod_perl is very important
to know too, which gives you added abilities.  Check out:

  http://www.apache-asp.org/resources.html

And if you don't know CPAN, get to know it:

  http://www.cpan.org

Its the collected perl works of some 1700 authors.

--Josh