perl-asp mailing list archives

From Steve Fosdick <fosdi...@aom.bt.co.uk>
Subject PerlSetVar Global and Multiple Applications with Virtual Hosts
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:08:14 GMT
I am trying to set up multiple versions of an application on a single
server using different virtual hosts to distinguish the versions of
the application.  Each version needs its own global.asa which I want
to locate outside the WWW visible tree for the application.

In order to acheive this I have tried using PerlSetVar Global within
each <VirtualHost> section of the Apache configuration file but it
seems to be getting ignored (in that the global.asa file within in the
directory nominated doesn't seem to get run), perhaps in favour of a
setting in the main part of the configuration file.

Is what I am trying to do possible and if so how do I go about it please?

--
Steve Fosdick.
e-mail: steve.fosdick@bt.com