perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject POST bug in 2.27 / 2.25
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:19:39 GMT
"Kreuzer, Harald" wrote:

> hello!
>
> sorry to bother you again. today i found another strange thing...
> i have a very simple login html-page that uses the POST method and calls
> another .asp script to verify. but this works only for some people, others
> don't get a reply (like me in my office). in the apache-logfile i see an
> entry but the length is 0 and no error message. when i change the method to
> GET, it works fine. also if i call a test cgi script with my form, it works
> fine with POST and GET.
> do you have any idea what could be the reason for this?

[[ cc'd Apache::ASP because this is important bug ]]

I believe this problem was introduced in 2.25, and I have seen
it separately for file uploads.  It seems that the way in which
$Response->IsClientConnected() is calculated was time sensitive
for a POST, in that fast local connections would get this error
sometimes where slower connections over the internet would not.

I have a dev version 2.29 which seems to fix this problem.
I will send this version to you separately.

--Josh