perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: XSLT problem
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:01:39 GMT
Ruggero Manzoni wrote:

> Hi all,
> I tried to use XML::XSLT on ASP but I have some
> problems.
> <Files ~ (\.xml)>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>         PerlSetVar NoState 1
>         PerlSetVar XSLT template.xsl
>         PerlSetVar XSLTCache 1
> </Files>
>
> when i try to call a XML file apache error log report
> me :
>
> [Mon Feb 11 20:24:12 2002] [notice] child pid 2522
> exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

You probably have an apache with expat compiled in by default
which can conflict with XML::Parser's use of expat.  You need
to build Apache with expat disabled.  I don't know what Apache
might use expat for, but has never seemed to be a problem.
See the --disable-rule=EXPAT rule below when building.

Alternatively, you could install XML::Sablotron or XML::LibXSLT
and set your XSLTParser config to those.  These are better
XSLT engines anyway, so you probably want to go there if you
are serious about XSLT.

# APACHE
cd ../$APACHE
echo
echo "Building apache =============================="
echo
sleep 1;
./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
    --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
    --enable-module=ssl \
    --enable-module=proxy \
    --enable-module=so \
    --disable-rule=EXPAT