perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: help!
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:11:08 GMT
eva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Apache, and I've been having trouble getting it to work with ASP.
> I downloaded and installed the mod-perl package that has ASP in it.
> However, I can't seem to get the server to parse ASP files -- I just see
> the raw code.
> What do I need to change in the httpd.conf file in order for this to work?
>
> I tried adding it as an application:
>
> AddType application/x-asp .asp
> AddHandler server-parsed .asp

This does not work for Apache::ASP. ( that I know of )
Try removing these as they might conflict with other settings
that do work.

> --------------------------
> This is already in the conf file:
>
> # The following is for Apache::ASP
> Alias /asp/ "/Apache/asp/"
> <Location /asp>
>     Sethandler perl-script
>     Perlhandler Apache::ASP
>     PerlSetVar Global /Windows/tmp
> </Location>

With this config, all requests to http://yourserver/asp/ will
get handled by Apache::ASP on your server.  If you have
any examples installed there at /Apache/asp, you can start
with them & deal with config issues later.

> I also read somewhere that I should include this:
>
> <Files ~ (\.asp)">
>     SetHandler perl-script
>         perlModule Apache::ASP
>         perlSetVar Global .
>         perlSetVar Statedir /tmp/asp
>
> </Files>

<Files> works different than <Location> in that
is is file name based & not URI based.  It will work with
the server's or VirtualHosts DocumentRoot by default.

So if you had a config like:

 <Files ~ (\.asp)>
     Sethandler perl-script
     Perlhandler Apache::ASP
     PerlSetVar Global /Windows/tmp
 </Files>

it work work the same as the Location config,
but just on .asp files, so you could mix other media
types in the same directory like .gif,.jpg ...  This
is how I like to have my sites configured.

These are issues more general to configuring Apache.
For more info on Apache, go to http://httpd.apache.org/
For config directives specifically, try

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/directives.html

In general with configuring apache, make sure to stop/start
the server for config changes to take effect, and then look
in the error_log for details if you ever get a server error.

--Josh