perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Matt Westfall a.k.a. ErkDog" <erk...@iname.com>
Subject Re: help!
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:03:52 GMT
what that means is that you can't download mod_perl and load it that
way..

the perl support has to be compiled INTO the apache executable...

not sure how you would go about this in windows 2000

if you have anything in your httpd.conf that says

LoadModule perl_module        modules/libperl.so
or anything along those lines then that means you are loading Perl using
the DSO system.. if that is the case the ASP Perl addon will not work...

you will have to either find a binary distribution of apache for
windows2k compiled with perl in.. or compile it in yourself

eva wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> I'm running windows 2000.  I was able to get the server to run fine, it's
> the ASP part I can't figure out.
>
> Here's what I downloaded:
> ----
> This is a self-extracting archive of binary versions of Perl-5.6.1,
> mod_perl-1.25, and Apache_1.3.20, built for Windows under VC++ 6 (SP3). It
> also includes the Apache module mod_ssl (2.8.4-1.3.20), based on OpenSSL
> (0.9.6a). Four subdirectories will be created - Perl, Apache, openssl, and
> readmes. The files readmes\brief.txt and readmes\README.txt provide,
> respectively, brief and more detailed directions for installation.
> -------
>
>  > the perl module cannot be loaded via DSO but must
>  >be compiled into the apache executable staticaly
> what do you mean by this?
>
> At 2/11/2002 02:15 PM, you wrote:
> >you did provide a great deal of information about your problem
> >
> >but in the future when you post to mailing lists or help forums
> >
> >always include your operating system and version of the program...
> >
> >so I'll ask now.. what os you running and what version of apache ?
> >also.. I wasn't aware that there was a mod-perl package that had ASP in
> >it..
> >
> >ASP is an addon to the mod-perl package...
> >
> >you have to already have mod-perl
> >in addition to that.. the perl module cannot be loaded via DSO but must
> >be compiled into the apache executable staticaly
> >
> >eva wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am new to Apache, and I've been having trouble getting it to work
> > with ASP.
> > > I downloaded and installed the mod-perl package that has ASP in it.
> > > However, I can't seem to get the server to parse ASP files -- I just see
> > > the raw code.
> > > What do I need to change in the httpd.conf file in order for this to work?
> > >
> > > I tried adding it as an application:
> > >
> > > AddType application/x-asp .asp
> > > AddHandler server-parsed .asp
> > >
> > > --------------------------
> > > This is already in the conf file:
> > >
> > > # The following is for Apache::ASP
> > > Alias /asp/ "/Apache/asp/"
> > > <Location /asp>
> > >     Sethandler perl-script
> > >     Perlhandler Apache::ASP
> > >     PerlSetVar Global /Windows/tmp
> > > </Location>
> > >
> > > I also read somewhere that I should include this:
> > >
> > > <Files ~ (\.asp)">
> > >     SetHandler perl-script
> > >         perlModule Apache::ASP
> > >         perlSetVar Global .
> > >         perlSetVar Statedir /tmp/asp
> > >
> > > </Files>
> > >
> > > ------
> > >
> > > However, none of it works!  What am I doing wrong?

> [...]

|       Live Long and Prosper        |