perl-asp mailing list archives

From Ged Haywood <...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Straying from the Topic] Installing from scratch Apache + mod_perl + Apache::ASP (+maybe others) on unix
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:04:19 GMT
Hi there,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Rod Butcher wrote:

> professionals are being driven mad, despite reading the Guide (which despite
> being complete is still mysterious, it comes across as having a mission
> statement to contain everything rather than to be useful, sorry).

Patches, chapters, help are always welcome I'm sure.

> My .05 is that all development be stopped until the instal process
> is up to the same standard as M$. This is what made M$ rich, the
> sheer installability and usability. I was visiting somebody
> yesterday and he had Win2K installing while we talked for an hour.

Yeah, I had a car like that once, but I got rid of it.

When I installed the operating system on a Mac last year it took
about three minutes - including all the tools, browsers and wotnot
that you could wish for - with no intervention from me at all.
After the pain I've been through with some W1nd0ze installations
it was very refreshing.  So I guess what I'm saying is that there's
a lot more to it than that, or Apple would be ruling the world.

73,
Ged.