perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Jim Helm" <jjh...@att.net>
Subject RE: Switch.pm not working under Apache::ASP
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:49:05 GMT

Interestingly enough, it seems to be asp and not mod_perl, which
surprised me. I thought you were going to be right about that part.

# ~/lib/asp-perl t.asp
[asp] [20845] [error] syntax error at t.asp line 7, near ") {" <--> ,
/appl/amps/perlx/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 1607

file: t.asp
 1 # <%
 2
 3 use Switch;
 4
 5 my $x = 'x';
 6
 7 switch ($x) {
 8     case ('x') { print 'x' }
 9     else { print 'not x' }
10 }
11
12 # %>

I don't have the time right now to delve into this myself, so I'll fall
back to the for ($x) idiom until this is resolved, or Perl6 is released.
Eventually I may have the time and courage to dive into the guts of ASP
and track this down - but it's more likely that I won't ever get to it.

Thanks for helping me get a real minimal test case - I forget about the
asp-perl script (repeatedly).

--Jim