perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache::ASP 2.35 bugfix release
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 08:41:20 GMT
Quentin Smith wrote:

> Hi-
> It's Quentin, not Quintin, but anyway I just wanted you to know that
> from 2.31 to 2.35 was like silk. After pounding on my server for a few
> hours, I was surprised that absolutely NOTHING has problems. However,
> make test did report 2 errors, and Net::SMTP *was* installed with
> reasonable defaults. I haven't had a change to check $Server->Mail(),
> but I seem to remember 2.31 giving the same error on make test. I
> attached the make test log at the bottom.
> HTH,

Good to hear _Quentin_ :) ( sorry about the i ).  That taint error
is pretty hard to get rid of.  Its real perl version dependent which
I have found working through it on 3 or 4 different perls now.
What is your perl version? ( perl -v is fine )

For the server_mail test, it will only succeed if there is a
mail server running on the localhost.  I will try to fix it so
that it will skip the test if there is not a server running there,
looks like it might have errored otherwise.  Now, if you tell
me there is a mail server running on localhost, then we need
to look at this further.

--Josh