perl-asp mailing list archives

From Mike Martinet <mmrtn...@netscape.net>
Subject Problem Sending Cookies
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:59:30 GMT
I have searched the archives and an't find anything like this...

I have two servers, a Dev server and a Test server.  They both have:

Linux 2.4.7-10
Apache 1.3.24
mod_perl 1.26
mod_ssl 2.8.8
Apache::ASP 2.35
Identical application ASP pages.

Both machines are on the same subnet.

My Logon.asp page attempts to set two cookies, a Session cookie and a
Hard or Disk cookie.  By my understanding, the difference between a
Session and a Hard cookie is the lack of an expiration date in the former.

No matter what I've tried, I can't get the Test server to set the hard
cookie on client machines.  If I turn on cookie prompting in the browser
(IE), I get prompted for two cookies being sent from the Dev server, but
only one cookie, the Session cookie, being sent from the Test server.

I can't understand what could be different between the two
implementations which would cause this behavior.

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MjM