perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: $Server->HTMLEncode, single quotes, and .pm files
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 23:48:22 GMT
Philip Mak wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 04:05:52PM -0700, Joshua Chamas wrote:
> > but having XMLSubs all go to includes is sometimes overkill.
> >
> > Obviously this points to a weakness in the system, to have to
> > do these things.  This might be better supported if all XMLSubs
> > are handled by one default subroutine
> > or have some config like XMLSubsHandler my::handler
> >
> > which would take as an argument the name of the XMLSubs tag
> > as one of its arguments
>
> That sounds like a potentially good idea. I can only see two problems
> that would arise if Apache::ASP switched to that scheme: (1) backwards
> compatibility, and (2) ending up juggling lots of files.

The only advantage I really see to the handler approach is being
able to effectively AUTOLOAD behavior of undefined XMLSubs at runtime
by having a default switch for them to fall into.  Of course, one
could just create an AUTOLOAD subroutine, but that would have to
be done on a per package basis.

Its sounds like neither Philip nor I need this XMLSubs extension,
so unless I hear otherwise, I will not move on the idea.

--Josh