perl-asp mailing list archives

From Joshua Chamas <jos...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Euro currency symbol ?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:13:16 GMT
Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:

> Hello list, here is a rather wicked one for you:
> There is this form with a product name,picture and price.
> Submitting this form works rather nicely, with Image::Magick resizing
> the picture, converting formats, saving it to disk etc.
> This however if the price contains the euro currency symbol (&euro; ,
> &#8364; , Ctrl+Alt+E for IE/Windows users), it is as if there was no
> image uploaded (even if there was, of course).

Does Apache get the upload?  You might find this out by printing
out $Request->{TotalBytes}.  If the web server never gets it,
it may be a browser issue.  If the web server does get it, I would
start digging around in CGI which is used to handle file upload
for Apache::ASP internally.  You can see the code for loading
CGI file uploads in Apache::ASP::Request.

-- Josh