perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Fisher, James" <jfis...@epotec.com>
Subject RE: Some design help...
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:17:21 GMT
Nevermind,

What usually happens is you see the err of your ways after you post.  I
appologize for the wasted bandwidth...

JF

-----Original Message-----
From: Fisher, James [mailto:jfisher@epotec.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 12:00 PM
To: 'asp@perl.apache.org'
Subject: Some design help...

Greetings all,

Here is the functional design.  Create an interface so users can create
emails.  However, these emails have to be customized via user attributes and
other "service" calls.  For example, here is some sudo code.

Hello <% =USER_NAME %>,

The temperature in your zip code is <get_temperature(ZIP_CODE)>.

<% if USER_GENDER = "Male" { %>
	You are male
<% else %>
	You are female
<% end if %>

It seems I have to make two passes over the code.  On the first pass I have
to resolve the user attributes so they can be used in the next pass.  The
second pass is for what I'm calling "service" calls.  For example, if I want
to grab the temperature for your zip code.  I've been looking at template
modules all morning and I don't like their syntax relating to if/looping
logic.  I am looking for a more tag-lib based approach while giving me the
ability to do if/looping logic.  Since Apache::ASP has both and our users
have asp code editing experience, I am trying to use it.    However, I am
stuck on the best way to resolve the user attributes first and then resolve
my Apache::ASP code (taglibs + logic).

JF

www.mimesweeper.com

the system manager.