perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Ismael Touama" <ismael.tou...@install.fr>
Subject RE: AppendToLog as [error]
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:26:39 GMT
Hi,

...so that is not an error !?
Strange thing to me. I try to understand
but just get stuck about that (the crit error too).

thanks
bbsc
ism (PS SO: IT IS NOT A ERROR, OK ?)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Joshua Chamas [mailto:joshua@chamas.com]
Envoye : vendredi 14 juin 2002 21:20
A : Ismael Touama
Cc : asp@perl.apache.org
Objet : Re: AppendToLog as [error]

Ismael Touama wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hope that's not off topic.
> When global.asa write into my log file.
> It puts the line as an error...
> with a number that seemes to be an identifier.
> (not the SessionID).
> Is someone know an issue about that ?
> I try to understand how the global.asa get working.

Yes, $Response->AppendToLog uses the Apache->log_error()
API so there is an [error] code in the output.  The identifier
that you refer to is likely $$ or the process id of the current
apache process handling the request, here's the core code for this:

sub Log {
    my($self, @msg) = @_;
    my $msg = join(" ", @msg);
    if($self->{r}) {
        $self->{r}->log_error("[asp] [$$] $msg");
    } else {
        print STDERR "[WARN] [asp] [$$] [Invalid ASP Object $self] $msg\n";
    }
}

--Josh