perl-asp mailing list archives

From "Ismael Touama" <ismael.tou...@install.fr>
Subject RE: [OT] How can I test if my browsers don't react the same ? AND MORE !!!
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:25:59 GMT
Hi

The <Perl>  directive I put in my /usr/local/apache/httpd.conf
are taken care by httpd daemon.
So it'seemes it pass throught this root but always  trouble shouting
with browser and it make again really confuse because error_log tells
me that KONQUEROR reache in this root but mozilla reach in ~/htdocs/site/eg/

So there a big non-sense to my mind!

I guess I'll re-issue my root Directories and then let's see.
I go on and keep give info about my case.
* Sometimes it's clear and the time after it's dark *

Thank you Josh.
bbsc
ism

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Joshua Chamas [mailto:joshua@chamas.com]
Envoye : mardi 11 juin 2002 07:48
A : Ismael Touama
Cc : asp@perl.apache.org
Objet : Re: [OT] How can I test if my browsers don't react the same ?
AND MORE !!!

Ismael Touama wrote:

> Hi here everyone,
>
> Always on the continuity to make run my Apache::Filter
> or my Apache::SSI (I really don't know in fact)...
> I modify several configuration's information in my
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/site/eg/.htaccess and in my
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf (I could say that's
> a bad method but not sure...).

You need to figure out which config is working and just
tweak that one.  Try adding

 <Perl>
   print STDERR "***** HERE *****\n";
 </Perl>

in one of the configs and see which print in the Apache error_log.

> Konqueror doesn't let me see what the first include file
> contains and so on the rest of the page.
> Mozilla shows all entire source code.
>
> And on this point I find that troubling :
> 1- The difference between the both browser

Browsers might render this text differently.  This is a browser issue.
Not surprising since this output is broken.

> 2- The viewing of source code althought apache can interpret
>    form.asp !!
> WEIRD !

Your apache configuration does not trigger Apache::ASP
with Apache::SSI for your SSI file.  You need to get it
to be triggered if you want expected results.

--Josh