perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: dummy.asp not working on my host's servers
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:36:32 GMT
chrisdavc wrote:
> Josh,
>
>    Is this configuration issue likely to be handled by the host, or
> is it something I should do, like the blurb I saw about my .htaccess?

A good start for a *test* config might be:

  <Files ~ (\.asp)>
    SetHandler  perl-script
    PerlModule  Apache::ASP
    PerlHandler Apache::ASP
    PerlSetVar  Global .
    PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp_yourusername
  </Files>

You would put this in a .htaccess file in the same directory
as your script you want to execute.  If that does not work,
you will have to talk to you hosting provider about getting
.htaccess files activated.

Please see http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html and
http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
on getting going with a configuration.

If running Apache::ASP under mod_perl does not work as normal,
you might try to see if your hosting provider has the asp-perl
script installed for CGI mode ASP.  You can read more on this at:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#Standalone%20Cbddd74cc

Regards,

Josh