perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: SRC
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:48:24 GMT
Raghu.Nalamada@ubsw.com wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
>         Having a very basic error bit not sure how i could do it.
>
>         As iam trying to pass parameters to .asp script like  XML_Mem.pl?Start_Date=Jul+01+2002&End_Date=Aug+01+2002&App='STT'
.
> As we can pass CGI parameters to a perl cannot we pass these parameters in asp . Iam
trying to call this in a script like

I am not sure what you are trying to do exactly, but it seems that
you might be initializing $Start_Date & $End_Date incorrectly...

> #!perl asp
> <%
> my($Start_Date,$End_Date) = @_;
> my $Sdate = $Server->URLEncode($Start_Date);
> my $Edate = $Server->URLEncode($End_Date);

This should probably be:

   my($Start_Date, $End_Date) =
      ($Request->QueryString('Start_Date'), $Request->QueryString('End_Date'));

Also make sure to set:

   PerlSetVar UseStrict 1

to show you other error that you might have.

Syntax like my($Start_Date,$End_Date) = @_;
is only for when you have an include that you are passing
arguments to like $Response->Include($file, $Start, $End);

I also see that $Sdate & $Edate may not be getting used.
Make sure to use them if you want to do so.

Regards,

Josh