perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Linux 8.0 / Apache 2.x * Apache::ASP
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:46:43 GMT
David_Ross@e-s-p.com wrote:

> Hi Josh
>
> Just installed Linux 8.0 on an intended production server.
>
> It comes pre-installed with Apache 2.0.40 & mod_perl 1.99.
>
> Am I going to have to remove these & install rpms for the latest Apache 1.x
> server to be able to run
> Apache::ASP OK?

Its likely compiled prefork MPM which should be pretty stable.
I believe the latest version of Apache::ASP will run on mod_perl 1.99
just fine. However mod_perl itself might be unstable, so you might
need to at least rebuild mod_perl 1.99 with the latest release.

So, if you don't mind being on the cutting edge, go for it.
But if you are conservative like me, I'd run your stuff on
apache 1.3x, mod_perl 1.2x ...

Regards,

Josh