perl-asp mailing list archives

From "chrisdavc" <chrisd...@yahoo.com>
Subject dummy.asp not working on my host's servers
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:39:03 GMT
Hello.  I'm a beginning to this group; I'm pleased to see this
resource for Apache::ASP.  I worked with Microsoft ASP for around 6
months, but am a novice to Apache::ASP, so forgive my questions.  I'm
trying to see if my hosting service DOES support Apache::ASP, as they
claim they do.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
David

Here's a series of messages I posted to them:

"Please, do you have any documentation (or asp test files you run) on
writing Apache ASP pages on your servers. I know, Apache ASP is perl-
script-based, not VBScript. The links from your Webmasters reference
site on the CPanel aren't helping.

Here's a little more information. I was following several articles
written by Joshua Chamas. In his "Apache::Asp Site Building" article
(http://www.perlmonth.com/perlmonth/issue6/apacheasp.html), which I
got to searching the webmaster links referenced on the Cpanel, he
recommends making a dummy.asp page to check that APACHE::ASP is
working and that the $Session is enabled. My dummy.asp is found at
www.braindivot.com/dummy.asp.

This is the totality of the dummy.asp file:

INTRO <%=$Session%>

When viewed, the dummy.asp should show

INTRO Apache::ASP::Session=HASH(0x??????).

Now it just shows

INTRO <%=$Session%>

Here's hostmatix.com's response:

"Dear valued customer,

We are supporting Apache ASP and not Mircosoft or .NET ASP. Please
let us know if you are looking for .NET ASP.

Regards,

Support Team
HostMatix.com"