perl-asp mailing list archives

From "stupidscript2" <stupidscr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Apache::ASP, ActivePerl, Win98 Problem
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:35:45 GMT
Good day!

Thanks for this resource...the "quickinstall" section of your site,
which is suggested as a troubleshooting resource in several
locations, is of no use in troubleshooting. It only verifies that the
installation is working...if it's working...mine's not working...

Running:
 Win98 SE
 Apache 2.0.43
 ActivePerl 5.8.0.802 (Build 802)
 CPAN 1.63
 (PHP 4.2.3 - FYI)
 (MySQL 3.23.53 - FYI)

I have successfully set up the server, ActivePerl, and the CPAN
module. Using CPAN, I installed Apache::ASP, resulting in new
directories and files located in my C:\Perl directory.

The good:
- HTML and PHP are being served just fine
- Connecting to and using the MySQL installation works well

The bad:
- The .ASP files are being served as text/plain
- My httpd.conf file chokes on <Perl> and PerlModule

I cannot find any mention of what MIME-type an ASP file is, to try
adding it to the httpd.conf file, and all of the suggestions to "add
these lines..." are not recognized by Apache (chokes).

If it's an .htaccess problem with ActivePerl, then their suggestion
to look at/use the one provided is in vain, as that file does not
exist, and was not installed by CPAN...and means that I need to post
to a different group.

Do I really need to buy a program like MS Visual Studio and compile
Apache::ASP from scratch? Is there something I could try to get .ASP
files served as ASP other than that?

I am posting (a) a representative error message from an Apache start
attempt, followed by (b) selected text from my httpd.conf file,
following my signature at the end of this note.

I very much appreciate any thoughts y'all might have.
Thanks in advance!

James Butler

=== (a) Representative Apache Error Message ===
Syntax error on line 141 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration.

=== (b) Selected Text from HTTPD.CONF, in sequence ===

[PHP start - FYI]
ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/php/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

[Triggers the above error message on Apache start attempt:]
<Files ~ (\.asp)>
   SetHandler  perl-script
   PerlModule  Apache::ASP
   PerlHandler Apache::ASP
   PerlSetVar  Global /tmp
   PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
</Files>

[Loaded Modules]
LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so

[ASP Sample Files from Apache::ASP CPAN Installation]
[The directory was copied as-is from C:\Perl\eg]
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/aspSamples">
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride All
</Directory>

[I tried adding: "AddHandler cgi-script .asp" with no luck.]
[Everything else is basically default in this new installation.]