perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Security implemention question
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:45:20 GMT
Richard Curtis wrote:
>  >Can anyone either point out any major problems with this approach, or
> ---
>
> Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I had email "issues".
> Thanks for this suggestion - it sounds like it will probably be just what I
> need.
> I have one further question though.  Is there a list somewhere of all the
> "ContentTypes".
> Eg, if I am sending a word document, or a PDF, what is the content type ?

In your apache distribution, you should have the file mime.types.
Here are a couple lines from that file:

application/msword              doc
application/pdf                 pdf

Note, that for some browsers, they are not smart enough to
know what this mime types tra   pdf

Note, that for some browsers, they are not smart enough to
know what this mime types translate to, so you should also make sure
to end the download URL with the document extension, like this:

   /download.asp?file=real_file_name.doc

Especially for systems that associate extensions with applications,
this can work pretty well.

Regards,nslate to, so you should also make sure
to end the download URL with the document extension, like this:

   /download.asp?file=real_file_name.doc

Especially for systems that a   pdf

Note, that for some browsers, they are not smart enough to
know what this mime types translate to, so you should also make sure
to end the download URL with the document extension, like this:

   /download.asp?file=real_file_name.doc

Especially for systems that associate extensions with applications,
this can work pretty well.

Regards,ssociate extensions with applications,
this trick can work pretty well.

Regards,

Josh