perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Virtual host interference?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:11:21 GMT
Csongor Fagyal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have faced this interesting problem several times. Here is what happens:
> I have virtualhost A and virtualhost B both running ASP. Virtualhost A
> has a custom Perl module loaded using a simle 'use'. Now if I have a
> syntax error in A, it will create an Internal Server error. However,
> site B, which should be independent of A, also creates an error, and it
> logs(!) the error of A in its own error_log.
>
> Both virtualhosts use a different statedir, and they do not share any
> modules/scripts.
>
> Any ideas?? I think I am using the newest Apache/ASP/mod_perl version
> (but this happened previously in older versions as well). This is RedHat 8.

If you are setting "use strict;" in your scripts, try using the UseStrict
config also as the errors are handled better then.

If that does not work for you, then it may be helpful to see what the
error message is, or even a trace from your error log for these requests
when Debug -1 is set.

Regards,

Josh