perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility of Apache::ASP with ASP?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:25:39 GMT
mcskwayrd  wrote:
> Hi,
>   Can someone direct me to a discussion of the compatibility between
> Apache::ASP and "regular" (Microsoft) ASP?   (Suprisingly,) I didn't see any
> mention of this in the Apache::ASP FAQ pages.

Apache::ASP provides an Active Server Pages port to the Apache Web Server
with Perl scripting only.

For VBScript support, please see this FAQ:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#VBScript%20or%201a79dae2

Most people when developing for IIS/ASP use VBScript, though ASP
does not require this more generally.  Apache::ASP only supports
perl scripting similar to PerlScript IIS/ASP.

Regards,

Josh