perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Hi. I'm new and I have a few questions.
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 21:26:01 GMT
98vr6  wrote:
> Anyway...here's what I started with.
>
> <%
> If Request("CAR") = "" Then
>  sCar = ""
> Else
>  sCar = Request("CAR")
> End If
> %>
>
> So, I tried this....
>
> <%
> If $Request->QueryString($car) = "" Then
>  $sCar = ""
> Else
>  $sCar = $Request->QueryString($car)
> End If
> %>

This will end up looking like:

<%
   my $car = $Request->QueryString("CAR");
%>

Perl does not have a problem with empty values, so you
don't need to do the if/else around $Request->QueryString("CAR") eq ''
if/else constructs in perl look like:

if($conditional) {
} else {
}

You can get more info on this by doing a "perldoc perlsyn" from
the unix command line.  For more topics on perl, you can do "perldoc perl"
and of course you might want to pick up a "Learning Perl" book.

> Of course, this isn't working. I was reading about a global.asa file.
> Could someone explain this to me? I didn't get a really good
> understanding from what I read on the net.

The global.asa is where you define ASP events like Session_OnStart

Please also subscribe to the list if you will continue to post to it
at asp-subscribe@perl.apache.org, otherwise I have to approve your posts
to the list for each one you send.

Regards,

Josh