perl-asp mailing list archives

From Richard Curtis <rich...@crosswired.co.uk>
Subject Another stupid question...
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:59:14 GMT
OK, I am sorry for posting stupid questions, but I have been at this all
night and got no-where.

Right, I have a page which allows upload of files.
The user uploads several files, and I cache the filename of the file
they uploaded using the session.
So, the session contains a list of filenames.

I am now passing this array of filenames to a backend module.
The files are already uploaded to a tmp directory by now.

In the backend module, I move the files from the temporary directory, to
the proper storage location.
When I call :
move_file("$srcDir$file","$dstDir$file"),

I get the following error :

  Utilities:move_file : cannot find file
/home/myapp/data/tmp/test_user/Fh=GLOB(0x86983bc)

I know the reason behind the error - it is because the filename I stored
in the session is really a handle to the uploaded file.

The question is, how can I simply get back the filename rather than the
filehandle....

I am stumped on this one.

Richard