perl-asp mailing list archives

From Josh Chamas <j...@chamas.com>
Subject Re: Another stupid question...
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:49:24 GMT
Richard Curtis wrote:

> This works fine, although I still have a problem.
>
> I build an array out of the filenames (taken from $newFileName) which is
> used to add entries for the files into a database.
> The problem is, when I use code such as :
>
> # this code is using perls DBI interface...
> $add_statement = $dbh->prepare("insert into submission_files
> values(default,'$last_ID',(?),(?),(?))");
> foreach my $file (@$files) {
>     # execute
>     $add_statement->execute($file,$fileDescriptions[$i],$signature);
>     $i++;
> }
>
> The database dies with the following error:
>
> Can't bind a reference (Fh=GLOB(0x877e28c)) at
> /home/application/secure/perl/APP/Submissions/AddSubmission.pm line 168.
> <--> , /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1489

Internally, its actually the same, but the intent is for
BrowserFile to reflect just the filename, not be the file handle
as well.

The fix for this internally is to stringify BrowserFile too,
as you suggest, and I will apply this fix for the 2.53 release.
Let me know if you would like an early copy of this.

Regards,

Josh